Jeff exclusively has defended physicians, hospitals, and other medical professionals against claims of malpractice since 2001. He has extensive experience in cases involving orthopedic surgery, as well as cases arising from the emergency room setting. A substantial part of his practice is focused on defending facilities and care providers engaged in long term care, including cases involving skin integrity, resident falls, nutrition, and the enforcement of arbitration agreements that apply to such cases. Jeff also has been involved in many appellate matters, including cases arising from various aspects of Georgia’s Tort Reform legislation, most notably matters challenging the statutes that apply to cases arising from the provision of emergency medical services.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Long Term Care and
- Nursing Home Defense
- General Liability
- Defense verdicts in multiple cases involving orthopedic surgery, radiology, and cardiology.
- Defense verdict in arbitration of long term care matter involving patient fall, traumatic brain injury, and death.
- Has successfully handled multiple emergency medicine cases, including cases where patients have been seen by mid-level providers and then discharged.
- Currently involved in all aspects of long term care and nursing home defense, to including enforcement of arbitration provisions and defending against allegations of negligence involving pressure wounds, falls, and nutrition.
- Has successfully represented physicians in licensing matters before the Georgia Composite Medical Board.
Awards & Professional Recognition
- Named Georgia “Rising Star” by Atlanta Magazine and Georgia SuperLawyers, 2007, 2009 – 2014.
- Barrister, Chief Justice Joseph Branch Inn of Court
Admission to Practice
- State Bar of Georgia
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Georgia Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern and Middle Districts of Georgia
- B.A. English Literature, University of Virginia (1998)
- J.D., Wake Forest University (2001)
- Board Member, Men’s Health and Wellness Center, Atlanta, Georgia
- The E.R. Statute, Practical Implications for Future Cases, Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2014
- Emory University Medical School Grand Rounds, Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2005