Short Summary of Practice
Mike focuses his practice on product liability, personal injury, and commercial cases. He has had the pleasure of representing a wide range of clients including product manufacturers, textile manufacturers, trucking companies, construction companies, hospitals, physicians, telecommunications companies, insurance companies, and individuals.
Mike regularly appears in state and federal courts as trial and appellate counsel. He has successfully obtained defense verdicts as lead trial counsel and has handled numerous cases involving injury, wrongful death, property damage, and commercial loss.
- Defense verdicts in cases that alleged defects related to restraints, handling and stability, roof structure, and fire cause and origin in state and federal courts.
- Defense verdict for trucking company in Dekalb County, Georgia.
- Defense verdict for client in automobile accident case in Fulton County, Georgia.
- Defense verdict for client in failure to procure adequate insurance case in Gwinnett County, Georgia.
Reported appellate cases include:
- Mastec N. Am., Inc. v. Wilson, 325 Ga. App. 863, 755 S.E.2d 257 (2014)
- Ivy v. Ford Motor Company, 646 F.3d 769 (11th Cir. 2011)
- Andrews v. Ford Motor Company, 310 Ga. App. 449, 450, 713 S.E.2d 474, 476 (2011)
- Bagnell v. Ford Motor Company, 297 Ga. App. 835, 678 S.E.2d 489 (2009)
- Colp v. Ford Motor Company, 279 Ga. App. 280, 630 S.E.2d 886 (2006)
- Johnson v. Ford Motor Company, 281 Ga. App. 166, 637 S.E.2d 202 (2006)
- Aldridge v. King’s Colonial Ford, Inc., 250 Ga. App. 236, 550 S.E.2d 439 (2001)
Admission to Practice
- Georgia State and Superior Courts
- Georgia Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of Georgia
- U.S. District Courts of Northern, Middle, and Southern Districts of Georgia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- B.A., Psychology, Colgate University (1995)
- Captain of 1994 football team
- J.D., Emory School of Law (1998)
- Member of Emory Moot Court Society
- Trial Practice and Procedure, Annual Survey of Georgia Law, 58 Mercer Law Review 405 (2006) (co-author)
- Attacking the Admission of OSI Evidence, For the Defense, December 2006 (co-author)